Grand Prairie ISD Advanced Academics Program is committed to ensuring that our highest ability learners are challenged to meet their potential by providing appropriate curriculum and equitable learning opportunities that meet their social and emotional needs, interests, and areas of strength, regardless of ethnicity, gender, religious, age, sexual orientation, class, and disability disparities.
Advanced Courses and Programs of Study
Early College High School
Early College High Schools (ECHS) are innovative high schools that provide students that are traditionally underserved or least likely to attend college with an opportunity to earn a high school diploma and up 60 college credit hours. GPISD has teamed up with Dallas College to offer two Early College High Schools; Grand Prairie Early College High School and South Grand Prairie Early College High School.
Early College High School will:
- Create a means to higher education for first-generation college-going students
- Provide dual credit at no cost to students
- Increase college attendance and success rates for all students
- offer rigorous instruction and accelerated courses
- provide academic and social support services to help students succeed
- increase college readiness, and
- reduce barriers to college access
GPISD has teamed up with Dallas College to offer two Early College High Schools: