Attendance Incentive Program
SCHOOL SUCCESS BEGINS WITH ATTENDANCE. EVERY CHILD IN EVERY SEAT EVERY DAY COUNTS!
When it comes to school, students who miss school...miss out. Attendance boosts student achievement, improves the quality of your child's educational experience, and it prepares them for college, good careers, and successful adulthood. Studies show that over an adult's working life, high school graduates can expect to earn, on average, $1.2 million.**
Being in school every day is important. For every day of school missed, it takes two or more days for a student to catch up. Except in the case of illness, many school absences can be avoided with a little extra effort.
Parents, join forces with us to eliminate absences that can be prevented by making every effort to schedule medical and other appointments outside school hours and by making sure your children get plenty of sleep so they arrive at school on time. Give your child every opportunity to succeed in Grand Prairie ISD and graduate to success, by encouraging them to attend school on time, every day. Please remember: Every Child in Every Seat Every Day Counts.
- Missing school one day per week means missing one full year of instruction for every five years that they are in school.
- Every day a student is absent from class costs GPISD $31.10 in revenue from the state. We do not get funding for student absences.
- If we raise the attendance rate by just 1 percent District-wide, it would result in approximately $1 million per year in increased state revenue. That's money that goes directly into your child's education.
- If GPISD had 100% attendance each year, the school district would receive $3-4 million in additional state funding annually.
- A diploma has an economic value! High school graduates earn 38 percent more than those without a diploma, and college graduates earn 140 percent more! By graduating from high school, your child can earn more than a million dollars in their lifetime. That can lead to even greater success if they attend college.
Give your child every opportunity to succeed in GPISD by encouraging excellence school attendance.
Did You Know?
Being in school every day raises your student’s chances for scoring well on tests, and securing college admission and scholarship opportunities. Helping your child make regular attendance at school a habit now, can carry over when they seek employment.
Students who attend school regularly learn more and are more successful in school than students who do not. Parents who make school attendance a priority are also helping their children learn to accept responsibility. That is an important lesson for a successful life.