What Books are GPHS /ECHS Students and Staff Reading and Recommending?
Would you like to contribute a book talk to this page? Look at the suggestions below, record your book talk, and submit to Mrs. Schooling.
Consider the following elements that make up a good book talk but feel free to get creative:
- Title and author (does the author have previous titles)
- Length, format (for instance, is it a book in verse,) age of book
- Is the book appropriate for everyone or does it contain sensitve content that a reader might want to know about?
- Genre, awards and reviews
- Brief summary
- Your personal thoughts both positive and negative
- Your own star rating system
- Sample reading from a page/paragraph that you think would persuade others to read it
- Remember that even if your book isn't appropriate for everyone to read, your book talk should be safe enough for anyone to watch.
If you want to record a book talk and you need some help, email Kyla Schooling