Grand Prairie ISD is honored that you are considering placing your child at one of our Pre-K facilities. We want to make the process of applying for Pre-K as simple as possible, so we have developed these guidelines to help along the way.The Pre-K program in GPISD has been developed using the TEA’s guidelines and early education best practices, including Dual Language at a majority of our campuses. Our program provides a rigorous environment to address developmental and social needs as well as the academic content and the readiness skills essential for children to be successful.Our focus is bringing families together in an educational community that helps to provide a rich environment in which students can develop and reach their potential. We intentionally develop strong relationships with students, their families and our community.If you have any questions, please contact Emily Brinkley at 972-522-3455 or email@example.com.
Step 1 - Apply) Fill out an Online Application beginning Monday, April 2, 2018 at 8am
Step 2 - Enroll) Enroll at any elementary campus with required documents
Step 3 - Register) Complete New Student Online Registration in the fall before school starts (date TBA)
Questions? Please text PREK to 972.687.7735 (through May 31) for updates and answer to all of your questions (including transportation questions) or send an email to PreK@gpisd.org. We want to hear from you!
- Official birth certificate (any country)
- Up-to-date immunization record
- Child's social security card (if available)
- Current proof of address (utility bill with address)
- Parent/guardian picture ID from any country
- Income information (such as a current pay stub or W2 form, if available)
District staff can assist families needing additional docuemts.
Criteria for Free Pre-K
For students who qualify under the FREE Pre-K state criteria, GPISD offers the choice of One-Way Dual Language, Two-Way Dual Language, ESL, or general English curriculum. Federal qualification criteria include:
- Unable to speak and understand the English language
- Educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program)
- Child of a member of the United States armed forces (active, deceased or injured)
- Has even been in state foster care
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a police office, firefighter or EMT
Grand Prairie ISD identifies children ages three, four, and five who may be eligible and would benefit from a Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities (PPCD). Request for a Child Find Meeting may be made by parents, other concerned persons or Head Start. ECI case workers will initiate the referral process for children that have been identified with a delay. GPISD completes Child Find Meetings and/or evaluations during the school year.
For information on referring children enrolled in GPISD suspected of having a disability, contact the GPISD special education department or your child’s campus RTI team.
For information on referring children not enrolled in GPISD suspected of having a disability, contact the GPISD Child Find Department. For services for children less than 3 years old contact Dallas Metrocare - Early Childhood Intervention Services at 214-333-7076.