Prekindergarten: 4-year-olds (2019-2020)
Grand Prairie ISD is honored that you are considering placing your child at one of our Pre-K facilities. We want to make the process of applying for Pre-K as simple as possible, so we have developed these guidelines to help along the way.
The Pre-K program in GPISD has been developed using the TEA’s guidelines and early education best practices, including Dual Language at a majority of our campuses. Our program provides a rigorous environment to address developmental and social needs as well as the academic content and the readiness skills essential for children to be successful.
Our focus is bringing families together in an educational community that helps to provide a rich environment in which students can develop and reach their potential. We intentionally develop strong relationships with students, their families and our community.
Class Ratio: 2 Teachers:22 Students
For more information, please contact Emily Brinkley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions? Text PREK to 972-687-7735
Criteria for Free Pre-K
Is my child eligible for FREE Pre-K?
If your child will be four years old by September 1, 2019, he/she may be eligible for FREE full-day Pre-K.Federal qualification criteria include:
- Unable to speak and understand the English language
- Educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program)
- Families in transition
- Child of a member of the United States armed forces (active, deceased or injured)
- Has even been in state foster care
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a police office, firefighter or EMT
For students who qualify under the FREE Pre-K state criteria, GPISD offers the choice of One-Way Dual Language, Two-Way Dual Language, ESL, or general English curriculum.
For students who do not meet the federal guidelines, GPISD offers tuition-based Pre-K at:
- Bonham Early Education School
- Crockett Early Education School
- Dickinson Elementary
- Florence Hill Elementary
- Garner Fine Arts Academy
- Marshall Leadership Academy
- Moore College and Career Prep
If you have questions regarding Pre-K tuition payment, please call Emily Brinkley at 972-522-3455.