At Digital Arts & Technology Academy at Adams Middle School, we are committed to ensure that students with disabilities are fully involved in all areas of campus life and make progress in the general curriculum successfully and appropriately as a result of teachers, parents, and administrative staff effectively implementing modifications, adaptations, and/or accommodations.
We believe Special Education should meet the individual needs of each student and that it should:
- Be based on assessment results
- Learning rate
- Learning style
- Cultural/Ethnic/Linguistic Differences
- Be outcome-oriented
- Be linked to the strategies and curriculum of the general education classroom
- Be monitored regularly and modified when necessary
- Create a level playing field for all students
- Path Project: East Partners Resources Network, Inc.
- Region 10 Education Service Center
- Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities
- Texas – Disability Resources
- Texas Education Agency