Degrees and Certifications:
About Mrs. Davis…
I am so excited to share my passion for Theatre Arts with all of the wonderful Whitt Stallion Stars! It is going to be a fun-filled year full of creativity and expression through the art of Theatre. This is my first year teaching at WFAA and my 3rd year teaching Theatre. I am from Fort Worth, TX and a proud graduate of Clark Atlanta University in Atlanta, GA. I enjoy spending time with my husband and our 4th grade daughter who also attends WFAA! My favorite hobbies are to attend plays, sing karaoke, watch movies and listen to all types of music. I can’t wait to get to know all of my Stallion Stars and all of your unique talents to bring out the actor in you!
About Theatre Class…
The WFAA Theatre experience is designed to help students develop self-confidence, self-esteem, poise and strength of character. The Theatre department works closely with the Radio/TV/Film and Music departments providing students the opportunity to explore various types of acting, behind the scenes production work, and musical theatre.
By the end of this class, students can expect to be able to (based on grade level):
- Recite in front of an audience
- Lead theatre preparation exercises and vocal warm-ups
- Exhibit appropriate classroom, theatre and audience etiquette
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of theatre production
- Analyze a play script
- Improvise scenes
- Portray a character
- Display respect and cooperation as a performer
- Participate in storytelling activities
- Explore costume design
- Relate the study of theatre to everyday life
- Prepare for an audition at Grand Prairie Fine Arts Academy
The Fine Arts Department will present grade level showcases throughout the year for parents, friends and family! You will be notified ahead of time of dates and any costume or props that are needed.
“Passion, Power, Purpose, Projection!” ~ Mrs. Davis!!!