Rayburn Dress Code
Rayburn Elementary STEAM Academy Dress Code
At Rayburn Elementary STEAM Academy, standardized dress (uniform) is required. This decision was previously approved by the GPISD School Board. The following is a list of the acceptable standardized dress:
• Long or short sleeved red, white, navy, or light blue polo shirts.
• Pants, long shorts, skirt, skort, or jumpers in khaki, black, or navy blue. (Pants and shorts may not be made of denim) • Jeans may only be worn on Fridays with a Rayburn school shirt.
• The Principal can select, at their discretion, days of special occasion dress. (free dress days/dress-up days)
• Hoodies or jackets with hoods may not be worn on district or state testing days.
Requerimientos Para Vestuario Estandarizado en Rayburn
En Rayburn Elementary School, se requiere vestuario estandarizado (uniforme). Esta decisión fue previamente aprobada por la mesa directiva del Distrito. Lo siguiente es la lista de requerimientos para vestuario estandarizado:
• Camisetas tipo Polo – manga larga o corta – Rojo, Blanco, Azul Marino o Celeste
• Vestido con cuello tipo Polo – Rojo, Blanco, Azul Marino o Celeste
• Pantalón largo o corto, falda, falda-short, “jumpers” – Khaki, Negro, o Azul Marino (Se acepta pantalón largo o corto del tipo cargo mientras no sea de mezclilla.)
• Se permite el uso de pantalón de mezclilla únicamente los viernes y en conjunto con playera con logotipo de Rayburn. • No se permite el uso de pantalón de mezclilla color negro como parte del vestuario estandarizado. • La directora puede seleccionar, a su discreción, días de ocasión especial para el uso de vestuario no estandarizado (ropa libre).
2021-2022 Student Handbook Dress Code
Students shall come to school looking clean and neat, wearing clothing and exhibiting grooming that will not be a health and/or safety hazard to the student or others. The District prohibits pictures, emblems, or writings on clothing that are lewd, offensive, vulgar, obscene or that depict or advertise tobacco products, alcoholic beverages of any kind, drugs, or any other substance prohibited under policy FNCA(L); further it prohibits any dress or grooming that, in the principal's judgment, may reasonably be expected to interfere with normal school operations. If the principal determines that a student’s grooming or clothing violates the school’s dress code, the student will be given an opportunity to correct the problem at school. If not corrected, the student may be assigned to in-school suspension for the remainder of the day, until the problem is corrected, or until a parent or designee brings an acceptable change of clothing to the school. Repeated offenses may result in more serious disciplinary action in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct.
- Slacks (including jeans)
- Dresses (fingertip length, conservative neckline)
- Shorts (fingertip length)
- Skirts (fingertip length)
- Split skirts (fingertip length)
- Earrings for boys and girls (not of a disruptive nature)
- Tops/Shirts must have conservative neckline
- ID Badges must be worn at all times
- All shirts long and oversized must be tucked in with belt
- Sweaters and sweatshirts longer than hip length must be tucked in
- Jeggings/tight stretch jeans/leggings/tights – acceptable with a fingertip length shirt/dress/skirt
- See-through clothing with appropriate clothing underneath for coverage
- Small facial piercings that are non-disruptive in nature
- Short shorts
- Bare midriffs/strapless tops/low cut, revealing tops/narrow strap tops or dresses
- Bare or stocking feet, house shoes, shoes with cleats of any kind
- Mesh shirts, tank tops, cut‑off shirts
- Ornamental chains hooked to clothing
- Cut, frayed or raveled clothing (where skin is revealed)
- Spandex shorts
- Any hairstyle or form of attire which might infer gang affiliation
- Shirts advertising alcoholic beverages or tobacco products or containing distasteful printing or design-other examples: depictions of violence, morbidity, death, blood, daggers, etc. Any distasteful writings or pictures on shirts or sweater.
- Colored shoestrings that infer gang affiliation
- Extra-long shirts or tall T-shirts
- Jumpsuits (such as Dickies brand)
- Hats, caps, head coverings, or bandannas may not be brought into the building
- Studded bracelets, belts, or necklaces, visible disruptive body piercing
- Sunglasses may not be worn in the building
- Sagging pants, visible undergarments – pants must fit properly – oversized not allowed
- Inappropriate or disruptive tattoos
- Pajamas/boxer shorts/loungewear
- Long coats, trench coats, dusters, blankets, etc. (must be left in locker)
- Hoods may not be worn on the head in the school building
- Full Camouflage military fatigues
- See-through clothing, visible undergarments
- Unnatural colored contact lenses
- Skate shoes (internal skates that drop down)
- Hair rakes or hair rollers in hair
- Hoodies that cover any part of the face may not be worn on school property
- Ear Gauges, Spike Earrings
- Hoodies are not allowed to be worn in the classroom during State testing day
The above dress code is meant to serve the best interests of all students in this School District. Any question or issue regarding the above statements will be referred to the campus administrator for resolution. The School District reserves the right to establish rules during the year regarding new fashions in dress including the banning of certain articles of clothing adopted by gang-related youth as icons of identification.