We know that learning can take place only when there is a combination of effort, interest, and motivation. Because we are all committed to Global Leadership Academy Barbara Bush, we are going to do our best to promote our student’s achievements.
This agreement is a commitment to work together to improve learning.
As a Student, I agree to:
- Finish and turn in my assignments on time.
- Attend school every day unless I am sick.
- Do my best every day and tell my parents about it.
- Follow the school and classroom rules so that everybody can learn and be safe.
- Ask my teacher questions when I don’t understand something.
- Go to my public or school library at least once a week.
- Study or read every school night.
- Give my parents the notes my teacher sends.
As a Parent I agree to:
- Talk to my child about school activities every day.
- Find out how my child is progressing by attending conferences with the teacher.
- Encourage good study habits at home.
- Reinforce good behavior at school.
- Attend school activities.
- Support the classroom discipline plan.
- Monitor my child’s attendance.
- Contact my child’s teacher if I have any concerns.
- Ensure my child eats healthful foods and gets enough sleep.
As an Administrator, I agree to:
- Provide support and instructional direction to both student and parent.
- Provide a healthy and safe environment for the student and teacher in which to teach and learn.
- Support high academic standards.
- Encourage school and home-learning partnerships.
- Support a collegial and collaborative school environment.
- Support professional development that promotes the best practice standards.
- Remain steadfastly professional.
Most importantly, we promise to help each other carry out this agreement.