The goal of Austin’s AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) program will be for our at-risk students in grades 3 -5 to challenge themselves daily with a rigorous curriculum provided by the district/campus, be required to join school activities in a positive manner while making preparation to achieve the goal of going to college. The potential AVID student will attend school regularly, come prepared for class, be self-motivated, have a willing and positive attitude to work hard.
The mission of AVID’s program is to ensure all students will:
- Demonstrate Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization, and Reading Skills
- Utilize organization skills
- Develop student success skills
- Successfully make the transition to middle school
AVID is not just another program…
at its heart,AVID is a philosophyHold students accountable to the highest standards,
provide academic and social support,
and they will rise to the challenge.
- Improve students academic record
- Make students college ready
- Produce strong writers and readers
- Promote critical thinkers
- Collaborate with groups
- Building leaders