New Scholar Information
Where You Are Headed...
In the 2017-18 School Year, Scholars Experienced
OU, SMU, TCU, Austin College, Texas A&M, UTA, UTD, UT Austin, UNT, UNT Dallas
National Weather Service, Compelling Why Lecture Series, The Epic, Grand Prairie Land Fill, Teen Summit, UTA Fab Lab, Modern Art Museum, Perot Museum, Southwest Airlines, Bob Bullock Historical Museum
Chancellor’s Cabinet, SkillsUSA, Mayor’s Teen Council, STEaMPosium, Required Community Service, Robotics, Student Leadership Team, National History Day, Project Air, GPCI Generation Beyond, National Honor Society, Green and Clean, American Red Cross Blood Drives, Solar Racers, Miles For Smiles Campaign
- In preparation for Pre-AP and AP courses, scholars will complete summer assignments prior to the first day of school.
- Assignments are posted on the GPCI website
- Assignments are listed by grade level.
- Assignments will be turned in through the GPCI website.
- Assignments need to be submitted by August 17.
GPCI is a two-to-one campus which means that each scholar receives a district-issued iPad and laptop.
- GPCI utilizes a blended approach to learning.
- Parents will have an opportunity to purchase insurance on devices.
- Tech classes will be provided to parents in the fall.
- Canvas is the learning management system that GPCI uses to communicate with scholars, provide assignments, set up calendars, etc…
- (Scholars will be provided their login information at the beginning of the school year.)
- Scholars also use Google accounts (issued by the district) to communicate to instructors, turn in assignments, etc…
Please purchase everything from the list.
*Binders: All scholars use a 3” heavy duty binder. Please do not purchase zip up binders or velcro binders. All instructors usenthe AVID binder process, so a good binder is important.
May 31: New Scholar Induction
June 4: Summer School Assignments posted on the GPCI website
August: Online enrollment for all GPISD parents
TBD: Back- to- School Event: 2017-2018 school IDs, meet the instructors, purchase PE uniforms, PTA & social.
*Suggestion: by the Back-to-School Event, have uniforms and school supplies purchased.
August 17: All Summer Assignments Submitted by 11:00 pm
August 20: 1st Day of School
Planning for expenses (to be purchased at the Back-to-School Event):
- GPCI Agenda (all scholars will need one) $5
- PE uniforms: T shirt/shorts (for scholars in PE) $20
- PTA membership and spirit wear.
- Download the free app on your cell phone
- Using the phone number 81010, text the code @gpcin
- It will immediately respond with a text asking your name. Once you text your name and send, you are finished!
- Reminder emails and call outs
Summer GPCI Schedule
June 4– June 27 - return on July 16
Work days: Monday – Thursday, 8 AM – 4 PM
GPCI Front Office: 972.343.3120