Digital Arts & Technology Academy at Adams MS Parent Involvement Policy
Campus Principal: Dr. Darwert Johnson
GPISD Board of Education Policy EHBD (Local) states:
Parental involvement means the participation of parents in regular, two-way and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities, including ensuring that:
- Parents play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning.
- Parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education at school.
- Parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
Digital Arts & Technology Academy at Adams MS holds an annual consultation to gather input on the parent involvement policy. Drafts are also posted online for review. The central Education Improvement Committee (EIC), whose membership includes parent representatives, reviews the policy.
Title I campuses review the concepts of a Schoolwide or Targeted Assistance program and parents provide input on the selected program for the year. A Parent School Compact is also reviewed as required by Sections 1118, 1118(b) and 1118(d). Contact your Campus Principal for information on how to participate.
U.S. Education Code Section 6318 requires:
- Involve parents in the development of the plan under section 6312 of this title, and the process of school review and improvement under section 6316 of this title.
Planning begins with the central Education Improvement Committee (EIC) and each Campus Improvement Committee (CIC). GPISD develops annually a District Improvement Plan (DIP). Each campus develops a Campus Improvement Plan (CIP). The DIP and all CIPs have a Parent Involvement section. Your Campus Principal can assist you with participating in the planning process.
- Provide the coordination, technical assistance, and other support necessary to assist participating schools in planning and implementing effective parent involvement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance.
- Digital Arts & Technology Academy at Adams MS provides Family Engagement Liaisons to provide technical assistance and other support to parents about the opportunities available to have a voice in the educational process. The CIC Group contain parent representatives that work collaboratively with the Principal and campus staff in planning effective parent involvement opportunities to include in the District Improvement Plan and Campus Improvement Plans.
Education Improvement Committee membership is determined annually through a nominating process at each campus. Campus Improvement Committee membership is determined annually through a nomination process at each campus. Contact the campus Principal to participate.
- Build the schools’ and parents’ capacity for strong parental involvement as described in sub-section (e) of this section.
Parent information and academic sessions are offered annually to build capacity for parent participation for improving student achievement and school performance. Required information regarding curriculum and student assessments is provided annually. Ask to be introduced to the Family Engagement Liaison at your child’s school.
Parents have the right to request information regarding qualifications of their child’s teacher(s) at any time. Digital Arts & Technology Academy at Adams MS is required to notify parents if a teacher who is not highly qualified or properly certified is teaching their child for a period of four weeks or more.
Digital Arts & Technology Academy at Adams MS provides supplemental parent involvement services to Title I campuses via Learning Elevated for All Parents LEAP. The LEAP is designed to involve the family in the educational process. Activities encourage parents to actively participate in creating and implementing educational programs. Parents are served in the home language as necessary to ensure that all parents are aware of their right to be involved and informed.
The LEAP are located at:
2341 S. Beltline Rd,
Grand Prairie Tx 75052
Contact: Esmeralda Rodriguez 972-522-7096
- Coordinate and integrate parent involvement strategies with Title I, Special Education, Early Childhood Education and other preschool programs.
The Comprehensive Needs Assessment (CNA) process ensures the coordination of programs. Parents of young children and well as any special needs students, or students at risk of dropping out of school are encouraged to participate in the development of instructional strategies though the CNA process and by participating in the CIC. A Parent School Compact is designed collaboratively and distributed for signature for all parents in Title I campuses. In addition, Title I campuses review the full program, Schoolwide or Targeted Assistance, with parents annually for input.
- Conduct, with the involvement of parents, an annual evaluation of the content and effectiveness of the parental involvement policy in improving the academic quality of the schools served. Include identifying barriers to greater participation by parents and use the findings to design improvement strategies and to revise, if necessary, the Parental Involvement Policy. The evaluation should address parents who are economically disadvantaged, disabled, Limited English Proficient, limited literacy or of a racial or ethnic minority.
GPISD administers an annual Parent Involvement Survey.
Contact: Esmeralda Rodriguez 972-522-7096
- Involve parents in the activities of the schools.
Volunteer to participate in planning parent activities at your school.
Join the Campus Improvement Committee at your school.
Ask the Principal or the Family Engagement Liaison for a calendar of Parent meetings or educational sessions.
Join the Parent Teacher Association.
Learn to access your child’s information via GPISD Skyward computer access.
Ask for assistance at your school or at LEAP.
The GPISD Parent Involvement Policy Description is developed and reviewed jointly with parents and community members via the Education Improvement Committee and meaningful consultations with parents to address programs, activities and procedures for parental involvement. The GPISD Parent Involvement Policy Description is placed on the District’s website and is included in the GPISD District Improvement Plan. Printed copies in English and Spanish are posted at each campus. *