Social Emotional Learning Toolkit for Students and Families / Herramientas para el Aprendizaje Socio
Everyone needs someone to talk to. DialCare is standing by.
DialCare’s virtual counseling sessions are designed to provide students with a safe, secure and private means of seeking assistance from licensed mental health professionals via virtual or telephonic counseling sessions. Read more information here.
Counseling Services is comprised of dedicated school counselors, school social workers, and college access center staff who are ready and available to serve the students, staff, and families in GPISD.
If you have questions, looking for college access information, or are in need of mental health or financial supports/resources, please contact our team by doing the following:
1) Go to your child's campus website
2) Click the "Our School" tab at the top of the page
3) Once there, scroll to "Counseling Services"
Here you will find contact information, social-emotional resources & more. Please call on us, we are here to help.
School counselors and social workers are here to help
As a district, we want to empower our families to support the social and emotional needs of their students during times of stress. This toolkit has resources for how to reach your GPISD school counselor or social worker and points you to a variety of resources to help you and your child deal with stress during these difficult times.
School counselors and social workers are available to talk with students and families during this time. Go to your child's school website to locate how to contact them.
Texas Youth Hotline (referrals to all types of agencies and other resources across the state).
Call: 800-989-6884 or Text 512-872-5777
I'm Alive (online suicide prevention chat)
Your life Your Voice (Call, text, email suicide prevention chat)
TeenTribe online support groups (free but requires registration)
Nuestro deseo como distrito es empoderar a nuestras familias para cumplir las necesidades socioemocionales durante períodos de estrés. Aquí usted encontrará recursos sobre comunicarse con una consejera escolar o trabajadora social de GPISD. También le proporcionamos una variedad de recursos que le ayudará a usted y a su hijo a manejar el estrés durante estos tiempos difíciles.
Consejeras y trabajadoras sociales están disponibles para hablar con sus hijos. Visite el sitio web de la escuela o el distrito para información sobre comunicarse con ellas.
Líneas Directas sobre la Salud Mental
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- ICARE Call Center 1-800-866-2465
- Transi Care (formerly known as Adapt Mobile Crisis) 866-260-8000
Online Learning Resources
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL)Lessons will be provided by campus counselors/social workers. Please visit your campus counseling services webpage to access their Google Classroom or Canvas lessons.
- More SEL activities are available in Xello – K-12 & Second Step SEL Lessons for grades K-8
College & Career Readiness Lessons
- Xello – K-12
- Texas OnCourse: Secondary
- College Board: Big Future https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/