Bowie Fine Arts Academy
About Our School
Pre-K – 5 | Choice
Bowie began as a traditional elementary school in 1951 and reopened as a fine arts academy in a brand new state-of-the art facility in the fall of 2018. BFAA offers an engaging and rigorous fine arts experience with an underlying primary purpose of helping students grow academically, socially and artistically.
Bowie Fine Arts Academy is wholeheartedly committed in cultivating a community of vibrant, talented lifelong learners and problem solvers who will prosper academically, expressively, and artistically.
At Bowie, everybody GROWS!
How to know Bowie Fine Arts Academy is right for your child:
- Your child enjoys showcasing his/her talent.
- Your child has expressed an interest in the fine arts and wants to attend a school that was intentionally built to encourage and promote the arts.
- You want your child to be part of a unique learning community that focuses on individual student academic growth.
Unique ways your child can learn and grow here:
- Fine Arts-driven program
- One-way Dual Language program
- After-school clubs that concentrate on fine arts including Dance, Theater Arts, Digital/Visual Arts, and Vocal Music
- Technology-rich classrooms
Gifted and Talented-Our BFAA Gifted and Talented Program is committed to ensuring that our highest ability learners are challenged to meet their potential and that curriculum and learning opportunities are in line with their needs, interests, and abilities.
Dyslexia Program-The Dyslexia program at BFAA consists of using the Multisensory Teaching Approach.
CARE-BFAA also provides a program for children with autism and related exceptionalities.
One-Way Dual Language/ ESL -We provide instruction based on best practices for English Language learners. The goal is to develop and promote bilingual and bi-literate academically successful students.
PK-Our students discover a love for learning in Pre-K. We create curious, confident and engaged learners.
Fine Arts-All of our students receive Fine Arts Curriculum on a daily basis. Students are engaged in a weekly rotation of dance, theater Arts, music, and art.
Afterschool Center on Education-After school program that offers academic and social emotional learning.
Summer Camp program- Summer program offering academic, social emotional, and hands-on learning with field experiences.
- Kindness crew
- Ballet Folklorico
- Daily News Reporter
- Art Club
- Dance Crew
- Green Screen
- Production Team
- Yearbook Club
- Guitar Club
- Violin Club
- Imagine Literacy Morning Club
- Afterschool Center of Education Club