Morton Elementary School
About Our School
Kindergarten – 5 | Traditional
Morton Elementary is a traditional campus that is committed to serving our students by embracing nurturing relationships, inspiring creativity as well as new ideas, making real-life connections, and challenging our students daily.
We will ensure student success through engaging learning experiences, collaborative leadership, and a committed focus to maximizing student achievement in a safe and productive school environment. We commit to a comprehensive system of support to ensure this outcome.
We will empower and lead by example in a caring, cooperative environment, dedicated to the supportive, successful growth of all students and educators.
How to know Morton Elementary School is right for your child:
- Your child will be in an environment that promotes rigorous learning.
- Your child likes to use technology to support their learning.
- Your child loves learning through interactive, hands-on activities.
Unique ways your child can learn and grow here:
- Rigorous academics
- Hands-on, inquiry-driven learning
- iPads in every classroom
- 504 Accommodations
- Gifted and Talented Program
- Advanced Academics
- Handprints on Hearts
- Attendance Incentives
- Integrated Technology Initiative
- Beyond the Bell After-school Program
- Music and Art instruction for all students
- Breakfast in the Classroom
- On-campus Family Engagement Liaison
- Capturing Kids’ Hearts Campus
- One-way Dual Language Program
- Community-based Extracurricular Activities (Cinco de Mayo, Martin Luther King, etc.)
- Parent and Child Time Together for Families (PACT)
- Comprehensive Guidance Counseling Program
- Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- Dyslexia Services
- School Garden/Outdoor Learning Center
- Enrichment Classes for Parents (Parent University, Computer Skills, Nutrition, ESL etc.)
- Special Education
- ESL Program
- Speech-language Therapy Services
- Family Involvement Nights
- Student of Character
Makerspace - Students use design thinking to create new inventions and improve on old ideas.
Student Technology Mentor Club – Students collaborate with their peers and teacher to learn new technology skills. They then use their new skills to be technology leaders on their campus.
Green Team - empowers students and teachers to help the environment through waste reduction, reuse, recycling
Kindness Crew – Students meet and share ideas for kindness activities for the school and community.
Handprints on Hearts – Students will meet with mentors and discuss their day and their interests.
Chess Club – Students learn how to use strategy and critical thinking to play the game of chess.
Music club- Students extend their learning about music and create performances.
Art Club – Students learn art technique and history as they complete art pieces.
Girlstart - increasing girls' interest and engagement in STEM through innovative, nationally-recognized informal STEM education programs
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Morton Elementary have a specific pathway as a school of choice?
Does the Morton bilingual program include a two-way model in which students who do not speak Spanish are able to learn Spanish?
Does Morton provide transportation to students?
Do students wear uniforms at Delmas F. Morton Elementary?
Why should I send my child to Morton?