Rayburn Elementary STEAM Academy
About Our School
Kindergarten – 5 | Choice
Rayburn Elementary STEAM Academy fosters each student’s innate curiosity and joy of discovery through science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. Students are prepared to be academically successful, socially aware, scientifically literate, and respectful, responsible citizens in the global community. Student-centered, collaborative and creative problem-based learning combined with active parental and community involvement is the key to success at Rayburn.
How to know Rayburn Elementary STEAM Academy is right for your child:
- Your child enjoys learning using a blend of fine arts, science, technology, hands-on experiences, and problem-solving.
- Your child is interested in fine arts or STEM career fields.
- Your child enjoys projects, making videos, performing in musicals, creating, and exploring.
Unique ways your child can learn and grow here:
- Integrated STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) in every lesson
- STEAM clubs (Aviation, Drones, Robotics, Coding, Garden, Theater, Choir, Visual Arts, Basketball, Soccer, Golf, Astronomy, Ballet Folklorico, and more)
- Blended learning model integrating technology with hands-on, project-based learning at the student’s individualized learning level
- Six full musical productions each year, STEAM field trips, and extensive laboratory experiences
Instruction: We have many instructional opportunities for all students in grades K-5; including, One-way Dual Language Program, English as a Second Language Program, a Gifted and Talented Program, Dyslexia Services, Speech-language Therapy Services, Fine Arts (Music, Art, and Theater) and Physical Education.
STEAM Education: Our students have daily integrated STEAM lessons, access to a science lab, Fab Lab, Makerspace, and School Garden/Outdoor Learning Center. There are STEAM Virtual Experiences and students get to learn about careers in the fields of science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics.
Social and Emotional: We are a Capturing Kids’ Hearts Campus, we have a Handprints on Hearts Program, mindfulness class, a Student of Character Program, Kindness Crew, and a Comprehensive Guidance Counseling Program.
Technology: On our campus technology is integrated into learning in every subject. We have a one-to-one student-iPad ratio, classroom projectors, Apple TV’s, Osmos, robotics materials and drones.
Student Clubs: We have many opportunities for students to be in campus clubs like robotics, chess club, Legos, drones, theater, yoga, recycling, gardening, and Balet Folklorico.
Student Competitions: Students can participate in theater competitions, digital showcase, Spelling Bee, Geography Bee, art contests, Stemposium and robotics.
Parent Involvement and Community: We have many opportunities for our families to be involved at Rayburn Elementary STEAM Academy. We have Enrichment Classes for Parents, Family Involvement Nights, and the Parent Teacher Association (PTA). Our families become active members of the community and participate in several service