South Grand Prairie High School
About Our School
Grades 9 – 12 | Traditional (with Programs of Choice)
South Grand Prairie High School is a 6-A, comprehensive high school that is steeped in a rich tradition of excellence. At SGP, educators cultivate empowered learners who are able to take command of their life journey.
How to know South Grand Prairie High School is right for your child:
- Your child seeks the opportunity to engage in a well-rounded, traditional high school setting that includes numerous opportunities in the fine arts, athletics, Choice programs and advanced academics.
- Your child thrives in a student body that is highly engaged and promotes diversity and acceptance.
- You seek the opportunity for a FREE college education for your child.
Unique ways your child can learn and grow here:
- Veterinary Medicine, Sports Medicine, Agricultural Science, and Education pathways with integrated off-campus internships
- Over 25 Dual-credit/Advanced Placement courses available
- 50+ extracurricular clubs, teams, and organizations
Career & Technical Education
School of Choice/CTE Pathways
For more information about each pathway, visit the CTE website here.
Education and Leadership Prep Academy
The Education & Leadership Pathway prepares students for a career in Education. Students develop professional life skills and participate in field experiences through the University of Texas at Arlington and various intern experiences through Grand Prairie ISD. GPISD Education & Leadership Preparatory Academy offers students 30 or more hours of college credit through the University of Texas at Arlington. These dual-credit hours may be applied toward a Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies degree and students will be prepared in college to take the TExES EC-6th certification exams. Upon earning college degree and teacher certification, students will be eligible to teach in ESL and Bilingual shortage areas in the state of Texas. This program is offered at Young Women’s Leadership Academy, South Grand Prairie High School & Grand Prairie High School.
Computer Science and Cybersecurity
GPISD is proud to announce the addition of the Computer Science/Cybersecurity CTE Pathway for the 2020-2021 school year. These programs will be offered at South Grand Prairie High School part of the new, Lone Star STEM Academy. As part of the program, courses such as: Principles of Information Technology, Fundamentals of Computer Science/Cybersecurity, AP Computer Science Principles and Computer Science 1 will be aligned to the curriculum and coherent sequence.
Travel, Tourism and Attractions
Travel, Tourism and Attractions focuses on the management, marketing, and operations of restaurants and other food/beverage services, lodging, attractions, recreation events, and travel-related services. CTE students will acquire knowledge and skills related to communication, time management, and customer service that meet industry standards.
Early College High School
College for All
SGP ECHS will afford students the opportunity to achieve academic and personal success by providing rigorous instruction and the support needed to obtain a college education while empowering them to become confident, responsible, an successful leaders.
About Our School
GPISD has partnered with Mountain View College to offer Early College High School (ECHS) at South Grand Prairie High School. Early College High Schools are innovative high schools that provide students with an opportunity to earn a high school diploma while earning up to 60 college credit hours.
Early College High Schools will:
- Create a means to higher education for first-generation college-going students
- Provide dual credit at not cost to students
- Increase college attendance and success rates for all students
- Offer rigorous instruction and accelerated courses
- Provide academic and social support services to help students succeed
- Increase college readiness, and
- Reduce barriers to college access
School of Choice/CTE Pathways
- Sports Medicine
- Veterinary technician
- Education and Leadership Prep Academy
- Computer Science and Cybersecurity
- Special Education
- Advanced course offerings in Core Subject Areas
- Dual Credit through DCCC and UT on Ramps
- 20+ AP offerings in Core Subjects, Electives, & Fine Arts
- 15+ Clubs and Organizations to meet a variety of student interest
- Cross Country
- Swimming & Diving
- Track and Field
- Art, Painting, Drawing, and Ceramics
- Dance, Ballet Folklorico, and Drill Team
- Band, Mariachi, Orchestra, and Jazz Band
- Theatre, Technical Theatre, and Choir
- 60+ CTSO’s in different areas
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to live in the SGP Attendance Zone in order to attend your school?
Do you offer courses for College Credit that are not part of ECHS?
What special classes do you offer besides the specific Pathways?
If I am an ECHS student, can I also participate in Fine Arts or Athletics?
What are your school hours?