South Grand Prairie High School
About Our School
Grades 9 – 12 | Traditional (with Programs of Choice)
South Grand Prairie High School is a 6-A, comprehensive high school that is steeped in a rich tradition of excellence. At SGP, educators cultivate empowered learners who are able to take command of their life journey.
How to know South Grand Prairie High School is right for your child:
- Your child seeks the opportunity to engage in a well-rounded, traditional high school setting that includes numerous opportunities in the fine arts, athletics, Choice programs and advanced academics.
- Your child thrives in a student body that is highly engaged and promotes diversity and acceptance.
- You seek the opportunity for a FREE college education for your child.
Unique ways your child can learn and grow here:
- Veterinary Medicine, Sports Medicine, Agricultural Science, and Education pathways with integrated off-campus internships
- Over 25 Dual-credit/Advanced Placement courses available
- 50+ extracurricular clubs, teams, and organizations
Early College High School
School of Choice/CTE Pathways
- Sports Medicine
- Veterinary technician
- Education and Leadership Prep Academy
- Computer Science and Cybersecurity
- Special Education
- Advanced course offerings in Core Subject Areas
- Dual Credit through DCCC and UT on Ramps
- 20+ AP offerings in Core Subjects, Electives, & Fine Arts
- 15+ Clubs and Organizations to meet a variety of student interest
- Cross Country
- Swimming & Diving
- Track and Field
- Art, Painting, Drawing, and Ceramics
- Dance, Ballet Folklorico, and Drill Team
- Band, Mariachi, Orchestra, and Jazz Band
- Theatre, Technical Theatre, and Choir
- 60+ CTSO’s in different areas
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to live in the SGP Attendance Zone in order to attend your school?
Do you offer courses for College Credit that are not part of ECHS?
What special classes do you offer besides the specific Pathways?
If I am an ECHS student, can I also participate in Fine Arts or Athletics?
What are your school hours?