Grand Prairie Fine Arts Academy
About Our School
Grades 6 – 12 | Choice
GPFAA is a nontraditional secondary campus intentionally focused on creating a unique school experience for the artistically and academically talented student.
How to know Grand Prairie Fine Arts Academy is right for your child:
- You want your child to be challenged and pushed to the limit through advanced academic and advanced fine arts curriculum.
- You seek a unique non-traditional setting for your child that allows creativity and self-expression.
- You want your child to work side by side with teachers, directors, and students in a family-centered environment.
Unique ways your child can learn and grow here:
- Being totally immersed in your fine art field by receiving additional training from professional guest artists, traveling within the state, nationally, and internationally for competitions/trainings/performances, and exploring options past graduation
- Graduate with college credits through Advanced Placement exams and dual-credit courses
- Experience your fine arts in every possible avenue as it is integrated into your academic courses as well
GPFAA is a school of choice intentionally focused on creating a unique school experience for the artistically and academically talented student.
The Grand Prairie Fine Arts Academy, GPFAA, is a 6th to 12th grade, multifaceted campus that provides a rigorous academic environment while encouraging artistic excellence through integration with multiple arts disciplines and authentic assessment. Daily, GPFAA students study with a unique staff of professional educators, both academically and in the arts, who are also working artists with significant training and experience in their individual disciplines. GPFAA students engage in many enrichment activities and have multiple opportunities to showcase their talents.
GPFAA uses an application and formal audition process to select students to attend. These students are then enrolled in one of the seven strands of fine arts offered on campus.
GPFAA is proud to offer the following strands:
- Visual Art
- Jazz Band
- Theatre Arts
- Vocal Music
Students completing this curriculum will be prepared to enroll in an academic university, arts conservatory, or be ready to pursue a professional artistic endeavor.
GPFAA offers 504 Accommodations, Dyslexia Services and Special Education.
100% of students are enrolled in Pre-AP, Advanced Placement, and/or Dual Credit classes. GPFAA offers College Readiness Activities, Gifted and Talented Program, and SAT/ACT Prep.
GPFAA has many clubs:
- D.C. Club
- Black Student Union
- Future Music Educators
- National Dance Honor Society
- National Honor Society
- National Junior Honor Society
- High School Student Council
- Middle School Student Council
- National Art Honor Society
- National Junior Art Honor Society
- Thespian Troupe #8227
- Kindness Crew
- Environmental Awareness Club
- Audition-based Middle School Musical
- Audition-based High School Musical
Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly is a Fine Arts Academy and how is it different from a traditional school?
What is a Fine Arts Guild? Can I get involved?
Can my child participate in other Strand activities, performances and gain experience across the campus?
Does GPFAA offer dual credit and AP classes? What do I need to do to enroll my child in these courses?
Will my child struggle with the advanced academic courses? How should we prepare for this?