Young Men's Leadership Academy
About Our School
Grades 6 – 8 | Choice
Young Men’s Leadership Academy is a unique all-boys academy that provides a highly structured learning environment in order to build character, hard work, fortitude and leadership. Mastering these core values will help your son be a successful, competitive student that can reach and surpass his goals.
How to know Young Men’s Leadership Academy is right for your child:
- You want your son to be a part of a program geared towards growing future leaders and men of character.
- You want your son to experience all the benefits of a traditional middle school, but with an emphasis on leadership and character building.
- You believe your son would thrive in an environment that positively employs competition and removes distractions allowing them to focus on academic and personal success.
Unique ways your child can learn and grow here:
- All boys take part in Mindset Monday, a unique lesson that builds the four core values: character, hard work, fortitude, and leadership.
- YMLA offers Junior Cadet Corp, built-in Academic Advisory AVID, fine arts, and Chi Schedule for restorative discipline.
- Students are placed in positions of leadership on and off campus allowing them opportunities to drive programming on campus and serve our community.
Classes are offered in various levels including Advanced, Gifted and Talented, On Level and Accelerated Instruction.
We offer classes where students earn High School credit which include: College and Career Readiness, Spanish 1-3 and AP Spanish Language, Entrepreneurship, Principles of Transportation, Principles of Engineering, English I, Algebra I, Geometry, and Foundations of PE.
Gifted and Talented classes are offered for students who meet the district criteria for participation.
We also offer specialty electives such as AVID, Leadership, JCC, and our Kick Start Karate Class.
Athletics - 7th and 8th grade boys’ sports are offered through GPISD including, football, basketball, soccer, and track.
Leadership - Focus on building and developing leadership skills centered around 21 century skills for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade.
Kindness Crew - A team of students that works to promote kindness and compassion around the campus and community by doing community projects, social learning activities, and inspiring acts of kindness.
National Junior Honor Society
Kick Start Karate
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Young Men’s Leadership Academy offer all sports and fine arts?
Do students wear uniforms at Young Men’s Leadership Academy?
Is there more bullying and fighting on campus?