ACE Afterschool Program 2023-2024 Enrollment
Register your child today to get on a waitlist for the 2023-2024 school year. Space is limited!
The ACE program provides a high-quality academic enrichment and other activities designed to increase students' overall and academic success.
Afterschool Centers on Education
School ends. Learning doesn’t.
Texas ACE aims to improve academic performance/grades, school attendance, positive behavior, and student engagement by providing students with a safe place to go during nonschool hours for extended learning and enrichment activities. The program serves students in Title 1 schools who otherwise would not have such opportunities. Program Features Texas ACE provides:
- No-cost before school, after school, and summer activities for any student who attends a participating school
- Interactive, hands-on learning disguised as fun and aligned to the school day curriculum
- Enrichment activities, including sports and clubs
- Homework help, tutoring, study strategies, time management, and other targeted, needs-based academic assistance
- Youth development and project-based activities that build character, confidence, and leadership skills
- Support for college and career readiness, such as career planning, SAT/ACT prep, and help with college applications and financial aid
- Snacks (some participating sites may also include meals)
School only occupies about one-third of a child’s life. Texas ACE provides a safe, reliable place for kids and teens to go the rest of the time—so they can stay on track in school and in life. It’s a place to hang out with friends and get involved in sports, clubs, and other activities. Students get homework help, personalized academic support, and unique opportunities to work in teams and develop leadership skills. Led by educators, Texas ACE includes lots of hands-on and project-based learning to bridge what students are taught in the classroom with what they experience in the real world. Kids and teens enjoy it so much, they recruit friends to join!
“Funded by a grant from the US Department of Education’s 21st Century Community Learning Centers program”
A message from our Project Director
I want to warmly welcome you to the Texas ACE Program within Grand Prairie ISD. As Project Director, it is my sincere pleasure to work with our dedicated ACE team and community to help provide an excellent educational experience for our students. We are committed to ensuring that your children receive the best support to learn and grow. The Texas ACE Program is a federally funded afterschool program administered by the Texas Education Agency. The purpose of the program is to provide free and extended academic services to students. Extended services will include tutoring, homework help, enrichment activities, STEM, and College & Career preparation. In addition, family engagement activities will be provided within our program at no cost to families. We are excited for the opportunity to work with you and your child to provide a safe and productive learning environment. I encourage you to stop in or call your Site Coordinator to share ideas, concerns, or questions. I wish your family, and especially your student, great success this school year.
ACE Project Director
Grand Prairie ISD