Frequently Asked Questions
1. We just moved to Grand Prairie and my children have never attended a Grand Prairie ISD school at any time. How may I enroll my children into a Grand Prairie ISD school?
Because your students are new to the district you will need to enroll them using the New Student Online Enrollment link located on the GPISD website at www.gpisd.org. You will then need to visit each of the campuses that the students will attend and take with you the following documents:
- Proof of Residency – Proof of residency is required for all new students. Acceptable proof of residency documents includes: current month’s gas bill, water bill, electric bill, lease/mortgage agreement.
- Original birth certificate
- Social security card for the student
- Current immunization records
- Withdrawal form/most recent report card and high school transcript from prior school attended.
2. My student was enrolled in Grand Prairied ISD in a prior year, am I able to use my Skyward Family Access login information to submit New Student Online Enrollment?
On the Skyward Family Access login screen select “Enrollment Access” at the bottom of the screen, enter your login information and click ‘Sign In’. This will take you to the New Student Online Enrollment page.
3. My children were enrolled in Grand Prairie ISD last year, but withdrew before the end of the year. What do I need to do to enroll them?
Your children are considered “New Students”. Please complete the New Student Online Enrollment Process in step 1 or if you know your Skyward Family Access information refer to question 2.
4. I currently have an active student attending a school in GPISD, I have another child that will be new to GPISD. How do I enroll this child?
You will be able to enroll the new student using your Skyward Family Access login information. Please refer to question 2 on how to submit the New Student Online Enrollment using your Skyward Family Access login information.
5. My child is currently enrolled in a district other than Grand Prairie ISD but applied for a GPISD School of Choice during the Spring of 2018 and was accepted into a School of Choice. I visited that school during the spring and completed the enrollment process and provided all of the necessary documentation. Do I need to completed the New Student Online enrollment at this time?
No. If your student has already been enrolled for the 2018-2019 school year by the School of Choice you will need to compete the Returning Student Registration through your Skyward Family Access account.
6. When will the online system be available for me to use?
The New Student Online Enrollment process will be available on July 31, 2018. It is available online 24 hours a day.
7. I do not have a computer and/or internet access at home. Can I still enroll my child?
Yes, you may use any computer with internet access at any location. The best thing to do is to visit the campus and complete your information on a school computer. Alternatively, you may use any available computer with internet access to complete an application (such as a friend or family member).
8. When and where can I go for help with on-line enrollment?
Each campus will have computers set up for you to use during normal operating hours.
9. Once I complete the enrollment forms online, am I finished with the enrollment process?
No. Once you have completed the online enrollment, either through the New Student Online Enrollment portal or through Skyward Family Access, you are required to go to the campus during the designated times to complete the enrollment process. You must bring all required documents to the campus and the school personnel will verify each document along with the online enrollment application. School personnel will need to scan the documents.
10. What if I do not want to submit anything online? Will paper enrollment be available?
No. GPISD will be utilizing the online enrollment forms which must be completed by the parent or guardian and verified by campus personnel before the student may be officially enrolled. You may complete the online forms at any location with a computer with internet access. If you need assistance, we will have computers and staff available on each campus during school hours.
11. Will my information be secure?
Yes. The information is uploaded through a secure, encrypted website. However, you must click the log out button at the end of your session. You must also remember to keep your user name and password secure.
12. Whom do I call with questions about the Online Registration Process?
You can contact your campus or email us at email@example.com to ask any general questions about the form or the Online Registration process.