Important info for Back to School Monday, Sept 21st and Video
We are looking forward to having students back on campus next week. We have prepared a video to highlight some of the differences you will see when you return to campus. Please review the video and the documents on our website prior to returning. https://youtu.be/8gLatfAitVM
Please remember these important guidelines as you prepare to return:
- Do not arrive prior to 7:05am.
- Grab-and-Go breakfast will be available.
- Bring and wear an approved mask.
- Maintain social distancing throughout the day.
- Stay flexible, we are all learning together.
Virtual learners will continue to access their classes through canvas. You will notice some changes as teachers adjust to having students both online and in the classroom.
Links to Important Information:
Thank you in advance for making this next phase of opening successful.
South Grand Prairie High School
SGP Back to School Safety Protocols
We are looking forward to welcoming you back on campus starting Monday, September 21st. As we return, we are committed to creating and maintaining a safe learning environment for all of our students and staff. As you plan to return to campus, please review this information. If you are remaining virtual learning student, you will still continue to access your classes through Canvas. We will continue to keep you updated though our website, email, and social media. If you have specific questions do not hesitate to reach out to the campus.
South Grand Prairie High School
SGP Beta Club host Voter Registration Drive on Sept. 24th-25th
SGP Archery Information Meeting - Sept 24th @6pm via Zoom
SGP Archery Informational Meeting
Are you interested in being a member of the SGP Archery Team? If so, attend the Informational Zoom Meeting on
Thursday September 24th, 2020 at 6pm
Zoom Meeting ID: 958 4659 3817
Freshman Information Meeting Recap
If you were not able to join the Freshman Information Zoom meeting on Monday evening, here is the zoom recording and the slide show presentation:
We are looking forward to this year with your Freshman student. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com
New Dates for 2-Step Return to In-Person Instruction
TWO-STEP RETURN TO IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION
Grand Prairie ISD Plans Two-Step Return to In-Person Instruction
At a called meeting Thursday night, the GPISD Board of Trustees voted to request a waiver from the Texas Education Agency in regard to virtual learning. As a result, the Grand Prairie ISD announced a plan for a two-step return to face-to-face instruction.
The decision to return in stages was based on recommendations and input from several sources:
- Recommendations of the Dallas County Health Department, the City of Grand Prairie Health Services Department, and district legal counsel
- Careful consideration of critical student needs and the social/emotional needs of all students
- A review of the best ways to keep students and staff safe, supported by a plan to mitigate risk through established protocols, and a review of the latest information on the transmission and prevention of COVID-19
- Input from GPISD parents, with the goal of supporting the choices they have made for their children. In GPISD, 60% of our families have chosen virtual learning for their students, while 40% have chosen in-person instruction
After taking all of this into consideration, the Administration recommended the following plan for returning to in-person instruction:
- Students in grades PK-2 and identified self-contained special education programming whose parents have chosen in-person instruction will return to their schools on September 14, 2020.
- Students in grades 3-12 whose parents have chosen in-person instruction will return to their schools on September 21, 2020.
SGPHS Virtual Learning Expectations
We are very excited about the start of school tomorrow. Please look over the following important information about virtual learning expectations for behavior for students and the virtual bell schedule:
Below are some technology links that you can good resources to help your student through their virtual learning.
Below is also a great resource to answer most of the questions your students will have about accessing technology.
2020-2021 Virtual Attendance Information
Virtual Attendance Information for Students & Parents
Parents and students: we know that many of you have questions about how we will track attendance in the virtual setting. Please review the information below and feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions.
Synchronous and Asynchronous Learning
There will be regularly scheduled periods of direct instruction through Zoom. However, we are following an asynchronous instructional model, which means that students have the ability to access the instruction at any point during the day, as long as they connect with each class daily. This means the teacher may hold a live lecture at 7:30 – 8:00, and some students may log in in to participate in the live lecture. Other students may not be able to log in at that exact time, but they can access the recorded video later in the day to receive the instruction.
A student will earn attendance credit for the day as long as students participate in instruction daily by:
- Accessing content available in their Learning Management System, or
- Having interaction with their teacher (ie. participating in lectures, participating in small group instruction, engaging in a phone conference with the teacher, etc), or
- Completing or turning in assignments
Student Work Time
Any progress towards an asynchronous engagement measure a student makes over the course of the 24-hour day, from 12:00 am to 11:59 pm may be counted for daily engagement. The student may be counted RA-Remote Asynchronous present for that day.
Attendance in Skyward
Parents will see a V-for Virtual Present in Family Access and you will continue to see A’s for absent, as you always have in the past.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Under the remote asynchronous instructional method, if a student fails to complete Monday’s measure of engagement on Monday but completes the assignment later in the week, can the student’s attendance coding be changed to remote asynchronous present for Monday?
A: No. In the remote asynchronous instructional method, student engagement is measured daily, and attendance is assigned based on the student’s completion of that day’s engagement measure. Students who do not complete the daily measure of engagement are to be counted absent for that day, and that absence cannot be changed to remote asynchronous present if the student completes the engagement measure on a later date. In the example above, the student would be counted absent on Monday.
Q: Under the remote asynchronous instructional method, if a student decides to complete the entire weeks’ worth of work on Monday, can the student’s attendance be coded to show perfect attendance for the week?
A: No. In the remote asynchronous instructional method, student engagement is measured daily, and attendance is assigned based on the student’s completion of that day’s engagement measure. Students who do not complete the daily measure of engagement are to be counted absent for that day, and that absence cannot be changed to remote asynchronous present if the student completes the engagement measure on a later date. In the example above, the student would be counted absent Tuesday-Friday.
Q: If students make academic progress at night, are we able to adjust the attendance for that day if they were initially marked absent?
A: If the asynchronous method is utilized then as long as the student is providing daily engagement through completion of daily assignments, making daily progress in the LMS, or has made daily contact with the teacher regarding the student’s progress then the student would be considered remote asynchronous present.
Do you still need an iPad?
If you are new to SGP or there is some reason, you need an iPad still, you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your child's name, ID#, and the reason they still need an iPad.
Pick up dates will be:
- Monday, Aug 17th at 9:00am
- Tuesday, Aug 18th at 1:00pm
- Wednesday, Aug 19th at 7:30am
You MUST email email@example.com to schedule a pick up on one of the dates above.
Back to School Information
Good Afternoon SGP Parents!
We are looking forward to the virtual start of school for all students on Monday, August 17th. Here some reminders as your student prepares for the first day:
- If your student attended a GPISD middle school last year and does not have an iPad, please reach out to that middle school to receive a device.
- If your student is having any technology-related issues, please go to https://www.gpisd.org/Domain/43 and scroll down to “Technology Support Issues” for instructions on how to resolve them.
- Courses should be available for your students to see this weekend.
- Be on the lookout for emails from your child’s teachers with Zoom links and specifics regarding their courses
Counselor Schedule Correction Zooms
- Counselors will be available Monday, August 17th and Tuesday, August 18th from 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM via Zoom for schedule corrections for the following reasons:
- Academic misplacement - placed in wrong level of class (Advanced vs On-Level).
- Placed in a class without meeting the Pre-requisite (Animation 2 without having Animation 1)
- Program Change - accepted into a Pathway or no longer enrolled in a Pathway
- Missing an academic class - missing a course necessary to graduate
- Please note that requests for teacher changes cannot be fulfilled
- Join your counselor’s Zoom based on your last name:
- A – Carp (Kaci Bunnell)
- Meeting ID: 558 318 9222, Passcode: sgp
- Carr – F (Yolanda Sampson)
- Meeting ID: 851 132 4001, Passcode: sgp
- G – Ja (Patricia Alarcon)
- Meeting ID: 759 705 2686, Passcode: sgp
- Je – Mb (Joyce Kinney)
- Meeting ID: 553 545 5062, Passcode: sgp
- Mc – Ph (Kristina Sanders)
- Meeting ID: 628 167 4123, Passcode: sgp
- Pi – Sm (Maria Solano)
- Meeting ID: 528 381 2792, Passcode: sgp
- Sn – Z (Byron Wright)
- Meeting ID: 327 701 7598, Passcode: sgp
- All ECHS Students (Donna Wallace)
- Please email her with your request at Donna.Wallace@gpisd.org
- Be sure to include your name, phone number, and email address
Technology To-Do List for the 1st Day of School
Below are some things we need you to do to prepare for the first day of virtual school on Monday.
Click the links to see how-to videos for each step.
- If you haven't already, get your schedule from Skyward Student/Family Access.
- Know how to Join your WiFi.
- Log into Content Keeper.
- Install the Zoom app from Self Serviceand learn your way around the app.
- Access Canvasand add a shortcut for quick access later.
- Be sure your iPad is fully charged for Monday!
Your username is your 6-digit STUDENT ID NUMBER (also known as lunch number)
Your password is as follows:
Important Information and Schedules
I hope you have all enjoyed the very extended spring break. I know that last school year did not end like anyone had hoped it would. I also know that this school year is not beginning that way either. I just wanted to reach out and let you know how we are going to start this school year. Please continue to check your email and our social media for updates.
Students who have completed online registration will be able see their schedules in Skyward beginning Monday, August 10th. If you have not completed your registration, please visit our website to complete this step. https://www.gpisd.org/registration
You will begin seeing your classes update in Canvas. Teachers will start communicating with you through email and Canvas next week. Classroom Zoom codes will be posted. We will follow our schedule, just as we would on a normal day at SGP. All classes will be set up in a similar manner. Each class will begin with a “direct instruction” piece. This will last around 60 minutes and will include content specific instruction and guided practice. The remaining 30 minutes of the class will be “independent instruction”. Your teachers will be online and available to assist you in a smaller group or individual setting. We will follow this model the entire time that we offer online learning, so we can remain consistent when we are able to have our students back on campus.
Schedule changes will only be made for the following reasons:
*Academic misplacement - placed in wrong level of class (Advanced vs On-Level).
*Placed in a class without meeting the Pre-requisite (Animation 2 without having Animation 1)
*Program Change - accepted into a Pathway or no longer enrolled in a Pathway
*Missing an academic class - missing a course necessary to graduate
*Course balancing - to avoid overcrowded classes
Completion of this request DOES NOT GUARANTEE a schedule change. FOLLOW YOUR CURRENT SCHEDULE until you are notified of an update in Skyward. The counselors will reach out and let you know when and if your schedule has been updated.
We are constantly monitoring the newest recommendations and adjusting the plans for SGP. As we get closer to the time when students return to campus, we will send more communication about the specific logistics for students. This will include arrival and dismissal at school, passing periods, building logistics and safety protocols.
Stay safe …. SGP We Love You,
South Grand Prairie High School
Espero que hayan disfrutado las vacaciones de primavera muy extendidas. Sé que el año escolar pasado no terminó como nadie esperaba. También sé que este año escolar tampoco está comenzando de esa manera. Solo quería extenderme y hacerle saber cómo vamos a comenzar este año escolar . Continúe revisando su correo electrónico y nuestras redes sociales para obtener actualizaciones.
Los estudiantes que hayan completado el registro en línea será capaz de ver sus horarios en Skyward a partir del lunes 10 de agosto . Si no ha completado su registro, visite nuestro sitio web para completar este paso. https://www.gpisd.org/registration
Clases en línea
Comenzará a ver la actualización de sus clases en Canvas. Los maestros comenzarán a comunicarse con usted por correo electrónico y Canvas la próxima semana. Se publicarán los códigos de Zoom. Seguiremos nuestro horario, tal como lo haríamos en un día normal en SGP. Todas las clases se organizarán de manera similar. Cada clase comenzará con una pieza de "instrucción directa". Esto durará alrededor de 60 minutos e incluirá instrucción de contenido específico y práctica guiada. Los 30 minutos restantes de la clase serán "instrucción independiente". Sus maestros estarán en línea y disponibles para ayudarlo en un grupo más pequeño o en un entorno individual. Seguiremos este modelo todo el tiempo que ofrezcamos aprendizaje en línea, para que podamos mantener la coherencia cuando podamos tener a nuestros estudiantes de regreso en el campus.
Cambios de horario
Los cambios de horario solo se realizarán por los siguientes motivos:
* Ubicación académica incorrecta: se coloca en un nivel de clase incorrecto (Avanzado vs Nivel). * Colocado en una clase sin cumplir con el requisito previo (Animación 2 sin tener Animación 1)
* Cambio de programa: aceptado en un Pathway o ya no está inscrito en un Pathway
* Falta una clase académica: falta un curso necesario para graduarse
* Equilibrio de cursos - para evitar clases superpobladas.
Completar esta solicitud NO GARANTIZA un cambio de horario. SIGA SU HORARIO ACTUAL hasta que se le notifique de una actualización en Skyward. Los consejeros se comunicarán con usted y le informarán cuándo y si se actualizó su horario.
Protocolos de seguridad
Estamos monitoreando constantemente las más nuevas recomendaciones y ajustando los planes de SGP. A medida que nos acerquemos al momento en que los estudiantes regresen al campus, enviaremos más comunicación sobre la logística específica para los estudiantes. Esto incluirá llegadas y salidas a la escuela, períodos de aprobación, logística de construcción y protocolos de seguridad.
Mantente a salvo …. SGP te amamos,
Escuela secundaria de South Grand Prairie
A Positive Message from Teachers and Students
"To follow my message above, please click above to see the great video message from a few student leaders and the SGP Staff who want to let you know how much they miss you and are wishing you well" -Donna Grant
Click link to see Video Message:
Technology Support Information
Are you struggling with technology at home? Are you needed tech support for your device? Check out these helpful links:
Student Technology Help - Tutorial Videos
Student/Parent Tech Support
In your email, please include the following information
- Student Name
- Student ID Number
- Device Tag number (on the back or bottom of the device)
- Campus attending
- Valid email address for response
- Valid call back number for response
- Description of the issue that you are experiencing or a screenshot of the message
Email is available 24/7 for students or parents to enter issue requests.
Technician response and repair Monday-Friday 8am-4pm, closed Saturday & Sunday
If a device needs hands on repair, an appointment for drop off will be made
Students with login issues can use the following links, tickets can be entered using the second link. This is presently the most efficient way to get assistance…
Warrior family, check out the new SGP Virtual Counseling Site for resources, tips, and other information that may benefit SGP students and family. Your counselors and social worker are readily available to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
GPISD ONLINE ATHLETIC FORMS - PARENT INSTRUCTIONS
Go to http://grandprairieisd.rankonesport.com to fill out the forms required for athletics
Instructions: UIL Pre-Participation Physical & Medical History
1. Click on the tab titled “Download and Print” (or get a paper copy from the school and skip to step 3) 2. Click on “Physical and Medical History Form”
3. Fill out all areas on the Medical History page and then print both pages.
4. Take the forms with you to the Doctor to obtain your physical.
5. Turn the physical in to your High School Campus Athletic Trainer or your Middle School Coordinator.
** Note UIL Pre-participation Physical Evaluation – Medical History form may not be completed prior to May 1st of the previous school year.
Instructions: GPISD & UIL Pre-participation Forms:
• You will need your son/daughter’s full name and their school ID number to complete the forms.
1. Click on the tab titled “Electronic Participation Forms”
2. Then go to click on “UIL/Athletic Participation Form”. You will see 6 items that will need to be read and then check the box stating you have read each form.
1. Acknowledgement of Rules
2. Grand Prairie ISD Concussion Form
3. Parent/Student Steroid Agreement Form 4. Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Form 5. GPISD Sports Medicine Overview
6. GPISD Secondary Insurance Info
3. Then fill out information below links and then sign, both the student and parent must sign. Also, parents will input current email address and then submit.
4. Click on “Emergency Info Form”, please fill in all the blanks and then the parent electronically signs the signature box. Also, parents will input current email address near bottom and then submit.
Remember that you cannot submit the physical form online. It must be filled out by a Physician and returned to your High School Campus Athletic Trainer or your Middle School Coordinator.
To sign the documents, click inside the signature box and hold your mouse down. This will allow you to create an “Electronic Signature”. If you make a mistake and need to start over, click on the refresh icon next to the signature box. If you are using an IPAD, you may create an electronic signature, by holding your finger to the screen and signing your name or by using a stylus.
Once you have filled out all of the information on each page you will have the opportunity to print the document.
You will receive a confirmation email once the documents have been reviewed by your High School Campus Athletic Trainer or your Middle School Coordinator.
If you have any questions; High School student athletes, please contact your High School Campus Athletic Trainer.
Middle School student athletes please contact your Middle School Coordinator.
FORMULARIOS DE ATLETISMO DE GPISD EN LINEA – INSTRUCCIONES PARA LOS PADRES Visite el sitio web http://grandprairieisd.rankonesport.com/ para llenar los formularios requeridos para participar en los deportes.
Instrucciones: Formulario de Historial Médico para Participación UIL
1. Pulse en la pestaña “Download and Print” (u obtenga una copia en papel de la escuela y vaya al paso 3) 2. Pulse en “Physical and Medical History Form”
3. Llene todas las áreas en la página de Antecedentes Médicos y luego imprima las dos páginas.
4. Lleve las dos formas al doctor para obtener su examen físico.
5. Entregue la forma del examen físico al Entrenador de Atletismo de su Secundaria o al Coordinador de su Escuela Intermedia.
** Nota: El formulario de Historial Médico y Evaluación Física de Participación Preliminar UIL NO puede llenarse antes del 1o de mayo del año escolar previo.
Instrucciones: Formularios de Participación Preliminar de GPISD y UIL:
• Necesitará el nombre completo y su número de ID escolar para completar los formularios.
1. Pulse en la pestaña “Electronic Participation Forms”
2. Luego pulse en “UIL/Athletic Participation Form”. Verá 6 secciones que necesitará leer y luego indicar en la casilla que ha leído cada formulario.
1. Consentimiento de las Reglas
2. Formulario de Concusión de Grand Prairie ISD
3. Acuerdo de Padre/Estudiante Acerca de los Esteroides
4. Formulario de Conciencia de Arresto Cardiaco Repentino 5. Resumen de Medicina Deportiva de GPISD
6. Información de Seguro Secundario de GPISD
3. Luego llene la información en los enlaces aquí abajo y firme. Se requiere la firma del estudiante y del padre. Los padres entran su correo electrónico actual y pulsan en “Submit” para entregar la forma electrónica.
4. Pulse en “Emergency Info Form”, llene todos los espacios vacíos y el padre firma electrónicamente en la casilla indicada. Luego, los padres entrarán su correo electrónico actual en la sección de abajo y pulsan “Submit.”
Recuerde que no puede entregar la forma de examen físico en línea. Tiene que ser llenado por un Doctor y regresado al Entrenador de Atletismo de su Secundaria o al Coordinador de su Escuela Intermedia.
Para firmar los documentos, pulse en la casilla de la firma y mantenga presionado el botón del ratón. Esto le permitirá “Firmar Electrónicamente.” Si se equivoca al escribir y necesita comenzar de nuevo, pulse al ícono junto a la casilla de la firma. Si usa un iPad, puede escribir su firma en la pantalla con su dedo o un lápiz óptico.
Una vez que haya completado toda la información en cada página, podrá imprimir el documento.
Recibirá un correo electrónico de confirmación una vez que los documentos hayan sido revisados por su
Entrenador Atlético de Secundaria o por el Coordinador de su Escuela Intermedia.
Si tiene cualquier pregunta:
Alumnos de Secundaria, favor de contactar al Entrenador de Atletismo de su Secundaria.
Alumnos de Intermedia deben contactar al Coordinador de su Escuela Intermedia.