Stand4Kind Kindness Crew
Why promote Kindness and Compassion?
In Grand Prairie ISD, counselors and/or social workers supervise the Stand4Kind initiative as a method to prevent bullying in our schools and to foster empathy in our students. The student and staff members of the Stand4Kind Kindness Crew Clubs at each campus sponsor kindness and compassion events to encourage students to become emotionally connected and to cultivate respect for others.
Stand4Kind Kindness Crew Clubs
Every campus in Grand Prairie ISD has established a Kindness Crew at the elementary and secondary level.
These clubs bring together staff and students in a commitment to change the culture of the school by promoting kindness and compassion in the school community by doing the following:
- Getting everyone involved. Kindness Crew Club community service projects are intended to involve the entire campus and include but are not limited to
- Grand Prairie Big Event Projects
- GPISD Social Work Hub
- Santa Spot and North Texas Food Bank Food Drives
- Encouraging others to be kind and to perform acts of kindness
- Kindness Crew Club members lead by example
- Kindness Challenges
- Random Acts of Kindness Calendar
- Each campus should promote an atmosphere of kindness by
- Displaying posters
- Having word or quote of the week announcements
- Sponsoring projects that involve the whole campus
- Other activities created by campuses to promote kindness
Angela Gash, School Social Worker, leads the campus Kindness Crew and promotes the BE KIND GPISD movement at Young Women's Leadership Academy.
For more information about Stand4Kind Kindness Crew Clubs, please contact your child’s campus counselor/social worker.