- If you need help filling out the FAFSA form, use these free tools:
- In the online FAFSA form, select the blue and white question mark icon next to a FAFSA question to view a "tool tip" that provides information about how to answer that question.
- In the online FAFSA form, the tool tip may have a “More Help” link for additional information. You also can select the “Help” button at the bottom of the tool tip to reach the “FAFSA Help” page, where you can browse FAQs, search for more information, or click on “Contact Us.”
- Once you click on “Contact Us,” you’ll have the option of emailing us with your question or, during business hours, chatting (in English or Spanish) with live technical support staff. (In the myStudentAid mobile app, you can find the contact information via the “hamburger menu”—the three parallel lines at the top right of the screen.)
- Contact the financial aid office at the college or career school you plan to attend.