- Grand Prairie Independent School District
- Facility Rental/Scheduling
GPISD Internal Event Guidelines
District Event Facilities Scheduling Guidelines (refer to policies DGA, GKD)
Below are the HVAC Occupied times
Elementary: 7:20 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Middle: 7:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
High School: 6:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Administration: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Requests to extend HVAC beyond the times listed above must be scheduled in the District’s facility scheduling software at least 24 hours in advance.
- Failure to enter HVAC requests in a timely manner could result in an $80 fee charged to the campus or department budget to cover overtime costs associated with an after-hours service call by HVAC staff.
- All events scheduled on non-school days must be entered in the District’s facility scheduling software. Non-school days are when support staff are not on duty (weekends/holidays)
- All events taking place on non-school days must have a campus administrator on duty during the event.
- The District’s facility scheduler will have final approval of all events scheduled beyond the times listed above and on non-school days. These schedules will be routed to the facility scheduler after all campus and departmental approvals have been obtained in the District’s scheduling software.
- Campus users may not schedule events for non-district or community organizations. Only events sponsored by the campus or district may be entered by campus users. (Note: Reservations for PTA meetings on school days during operating hours may be entered by campus staff.)
- All non-district and community organizations are to be directed to the community portal for scheduling events in the District’s scheduling software. They must register and submit requests for facility rentals. Upon approval and confirmation, they will be invoiced for their events according to the approved fee schedule.
- Campuses will be charged for support staff, as deemed necessary by GPISD, during events scheduled by the campus on non-school days. The ratio for custodians for each event is 1:100 event participants. They will be invoiced for a minimum of two hours.
- Campuses that have common areas that are used for departmental and/or professional development training such as seminar rooms, auditoriums, athletic fields etc. must schedule all events in those areas in the District’s Facility Scheduling Software, regardless of day or time. (see below)
- No event may be scheduled before 6:00 a.m. or after 11:00 p.m.
- Overnight events are not permitted.
Event Approval Routing
- A representative of the Professional Development Department must approve events in the following locations:
- Reed Center
- SGP Alexander Room A113
- Houston Professional Development Center
- All locations designated for summer professional development training
- A representative of the Fine Arts Department must approve events in the following locations:
- SGP Auditorium
- GPHS Chambers Theater
- A representative of the Athletic Department must approve all athletic game events. The campus secretaries may approve athletic practice events.