Rules & guidelines
Rules and Guidelines
- Listen and follow driver instructions.
- Sit properly with your hands and feet to yourself. Keep belongings in your lap.
- Talk quietly and use courteous language.
- No eating or drinking allowed.
- KEEP YOUR BUS CLEAN - USE THE TRASH CAN!
- DRIVERS ARE AUTHORIZED TO ASSIGN SEATS.
How to Cross the Road Safely
CROSS THE ROAD SAFELY WHEN BOARDING YOUR BUS
Follow the 10-foot rule:
- STAY on your side of the road, far away from the traffic.
- WAIT for the bus to stop and for your driver’s signal to cross;
- CHECK traffic both ways, then check again;
- CROSS by walking directly across in front of the bus, checking traffic both ways; and
- WALK approximately 10 feet ahead of the bumper, and board the bus quickly.
CROSS THE ROAD SAFELY WHEN LEAVING THE BUS
- WALK along the side of the bus 10 feet ahead until you can see the driver.
- STOP and wait for the signal to cross.
- WALK/LOOK for traffic in both directions, crossing the road quickly after all vehicles have stopped.
Student Safety is Everyone's Responsibility
A team effort is required by transportation and campus personnel as well as parents and students to ensure that each child travels to and from school safely each day. The following questions and answers may assist parents and students in understanding their role in helping transportation and campus personnel accomplish this goal: