What are the parent's responsibilities?
- Parents or guardians shall be responsible and accountable for the conduct and safety of their children at all times prior to the arrival and after the departure of the school bus at the assigned school bus stop.
- Have your child at the bus stop five-ten minutes prior to scheduled pick-up time.
- If possible, teach your child their full name, home address, and telephone number where an adult family member may be contacted in an emergency.
- Review the School Bus Safety Rules with your child.
- Remind students to watch for siblings at bus loading or unloading times, and encourage them to notify the bus driver of any concerns of a sibling not loading the bus, or getting off at the appropriate stop.
What is the parent's responsibility at drop-off time?
- In the event you are unable to be home when your child arrives, arrange an alternate plan with your child: where to go, a hidden key, talk to a neighbor, etc. Careful planning for the unexpected can greatly reduce your child's anxieties!
- If possible, be at the bus stop five minutes before the bus is scheduled to drop off your elementary-aged child(ren).
- A parent or assigned adult is required to be at the bus stop mid-day to receive their morning class, pre-kindergarten student. To avoid missing your student, please be at the bus stop five-ten minutes before the bus is scheduled to drop off.
What if my child needs to get off at a stop other than their regularly assigned stop?
- Students are only allowed to ride their assigned bus to and from their assigned bus stop to minimize the potential of a hazardous situation.
- Any temporary change in bus assignments can only be made on an emergency basis if a request is submitted by the parent in writing (by note or FAX) and approved by the school personnel or designee. Requests to locations related to student after-school activities cannot be approved. Requests should be submitted at least 30 minutes prior to the end of the school day to ensure sufficient time for communication of the change to appropriate parties.