To foster the quest for excellence and continued improvement and to intrinsically motivate all children to pursue an active lifestyle that leads to lifelong wellness.
The Grand Prairie ISD Physical Education Program, with an unyielding commitment to excellence, will empower and enhance the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of all students providing the knowledge and skills necessary to promote and maintain a lifetime of health and fitness.
- Daily physical activity develops students’ health-related and skill-related physical fitness
- Physical education helps improve cognitive function, which in turn, promotes learning in other subject areas
- Physical activity enhances students’ ability to problem-solve and use critical thinking skills
- Physical education develops students’ goal setting and decision making skills
- Activities with movement provide students with opportunities for enjoyment, challenge, and self-expression
- Physical education provides opportunities that demonstrate understanding and respect for differences among people
- Physical education develops students’ personal and social skills
- Physical activity develops students’ self-management skills
- Physical education provides opportunities which enhance and promote responsibility, teamwork, sportsmanship, respect, communication, life lessons/situations, and choices
- Physical education provides a curriculum relevant to students' interests and needs
"Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity." - John F. Kennedy