The goal is to offer an exemplary educational program for qualifying families with infants and toddlers (birth-3 years).
Early Head Start is a collaborative partnership between SER-Jobs for Progress and the Grand Prairie Independent School District serving individuals in Dallas County.
Purpose of Program
- Enhance children’s physical, social, emotional and cognitive development
- Enable parents to be better caretakers and teachers to their children
- Help parents meet their goals, including that of economic independence
Services Provided by Early Head Start
- Quality early education through the center or home-based program
- Parenting skills training for families with newborns and other infants
- Parent education, including parent-child activities
- Comprehensive health services including services to women before, during and after pregnancy; assistance with well-baby and well-child checkups
- Ongoing support for parents, referral to agencies in the community to meet specific needs and peer support groups
- Little Coyotes at Crosswinds ACH
- Little Dragons at Daniels Elementary