GPISD cares about the mental health of our students. Counselors and social workers are available during school hours, but we also want to make sure families have access to the resources they need at any hour of any day.
The GPISD Community Resource List helps families find a counselor or other mental health resources.
There are also crisis hotlines (listed below) that are available 24 hours a day.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- ICARE Call Center: 1-800-866-2465
- Transicare Mobile Crisis: 1-866-260-8000
Here are some tips that we can all use to promote the mental health of our students and ourselves.
- Finding a reason to laugh, walking with a friend, meditating, playing with a pet, or working from home once a week can help improve your physical and mental health. Laughter is good for your physical AND mental health.
- Finding balance between work and play, and the ups and downs of life, can help improve your physical AND mental health. ALL work and NO play is NO good. Give yourself a break.
- Living a healthy lifestyle may not be easy but can be achieved by gradually making small changes and building on those successes. What is a small step that you can take TODAY to improve your lifestyle? Park a little further away, drink another glass of water, or go to sleep earlier!
- Students love the freedom of summer, but there is a lot of unstructured time. Be sure to monitor your student’s social media activity and free time. Summer is a great time to get your student into counseling!