August 27 announcement editted
As of August 27, 2020, Grand Prairie ISD announced a plan for a two-step return to face-to-face instruction.
- Students in grades PK-2 and identified self-contained special education programming whose parents have chosen in-person instruction will return to their schools on September 14, 2020.
- Students in grades 3-12 whose parents have chosen in-person instruction will return to their schools on September 21, 2020.
While we are looking forward to our students and staff returning to school in our buildings, safety is our number one priority. We appreciate the clear guidance and direction our local health officials are providing to maximize safety for students, staff, parents, and our community at large.
New Student Online Enrollment and Returning Student Online Registration for 2020-2021 is now open. Even though we’re starting the year 100% virtual, parents still have the opportunity to choose the type of instruction you feel is best for your child(ren) whether it’s online virtual school or in-person classes, once we resume face to face teaching.
Families that need support for registration may call their individual campus from 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. Monday through Thursday.
After-hours support is available Monday through Thursday from 4:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M. by calling 972-623-9000 for support over the phone or to make an appointment for in-person assistance at the GPISD Family Service Center. We will also offer the opportunity for families to receive support with registration on Saturdays from 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. beginning Saturday, July 25 through August 15. *Appointments must be scheduled for admittance to building.
IN BOTH OPTIONS:
- All courses will be taught by highly qualified, certified GPISD teachers.
- Additional support for social/emotional needs of students and staff will be available.
- All students will participate in district/state assessments to document learning and growth.
- Students will have the option of changing from-or-to either option during the year at the end of the grading period.
You will choose from one of these two options durng the enrollment process. Visit this page to get started: https://www.gpisd.org/registration