In Person, At-school Instructional Model
Two-Step Return to In-Person Instruction
- Students in grades PK-2 and identified self-contained special education programming whose parents have chosen in-person instruction will return to their schools on September 14, 2020.
- Students in grades 3-12 whose parents have chosen in-person instruction will return to their schools on September 21, 2020.
Full-time, in-person instruction on campus with heightened cleaning and disinfection protocols.
• Teachers will deliver instruction in person.
• Students will work in a traditional classroom setting on a campus.
• GPISD will follow TEA guidelines in addition to local and state health guidelines to provide face-to-face instruction.
Should it be necessary to close school buildings to the public again for any reason, all students would transfer to the online virtual-school model.