About Our School
Grades 6 – 12 | Choice (In-District Charter)
Grand Prairie Collegiate Institute is a premiere school of choice that focuses on accelerated instruction with pre-advanced placement, advanced placement, and dual credit courses to prepare students for post-secondary education. We are a designated Texas-Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics campus that promotes engineering, aerospace, and Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) curriculum.
Our goal is to give scholars in grades 6-12 access to courses in advanced academics, dual credit, CTE (Career and Technical Education), and Advanced Placement with the intent that they will complete high school with significant college credits. The college credits earned are through an accredited college partner: two-year community college and/or four-year university.
How to know Grand Prairie Collegiate Institute is right for your child:
- Your child enjoys science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- Your child thrives in small educational settings in a flipped learning environment.
- Your child enjoys and engages in problem solving and utilizing the design process to learn.
Unique ways your child can learn and grow here:
- Project-based learning with an emphasis on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- Advanced placement and dual-credit instruction that simulates the collegiate experience
- Unique internships that provide hands-on opportunities in STEM fields