Audition Submissions for the Grand Prairie ISD District Honor Choir
Grand Prairie ISD District Honor Choir Audition Submissions: Friday, March 22-Monday, April 5
Announcement to all 4th and 5th grade students and parents
The Grand Prairie District Honor Choir is a select choir of 4th & 5th grade students from the Grand Prairie Public Schools. We are excited to be holding virtual auditions for this Spring 2020-2021 school year.
The Grand Prairie District Elementary Honor Choir offers a choral experience for its singers by providing exposure to wonderful choral repertoire, choral performance opportunities, and instruction from outstanding music educators.
Auditions are open to all 4th and 5th graders in Grand Prairie public schools.
- Time of auditions: Students may submit audition videos between March 22-April 5.
- Students can use their GPISD iPads to record audition video
- Auditioning students will sing an excerpt from Spring Morning
- The song lyrics, practice accompaniment track, and an informative audition video will be accessible in the Honor Choir Google classroom. Please use this link to join.
- Audition results will be e-mailed by TUESDAY, April 6, 2021.
Students selected for Honor Choir must commit to the following:
Rehearsals via ZOOM
- April 8 - Honor Choir Launch Parent Meeting/Rehearsal #1 6:30 p.m.
- April 12 - Rehearsal # 2 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- April 19 - Rehearsal # 3 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- April 21- Rehearsal for Selected students/Students who need help with final prep before submission 5:00-6:00 p.m
- April 23- Final videos uploaded by 8:00 pm
District Honor Choir Virtual Concert Premiere:
Saturday, May 15, 2021
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org