Now more than ever, attendance, participation and staying engaged are critical for your student’s success at school. Your Skyward Family Access account is a convenient way to view and track your student’s attendance. Click here to navigate to Skyward Family Access (https://www.gpisd.org/skyward) If you need assistance with setting up your Skyward Family Access account, please contact your child’s school. Education Code 25.087 requires school districts to notify a student’s parent if the student has unexcused absences for three days or parts of days within a four-week period. Thus, Attendance Warning Letters will be sent to the email address and mailed to the physical address on file in Skyward.
To assist with attendance, parents should:
- Monitor the student’s school attendance and require the student to attend school;
- Request a conference with the school officials to discuss the absences;
- Provide updated accurate address and contact information;
- Monitor student attendance through Skyward Family Access;
- Submit an excuse note to the attendance office for all unexcused absences.