The function of the Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) is to advise and support the Department of Family & Community Engagement in strengthening positive relationships between our GPISD families and our district/campuses.
Family engagement throughout a child's educational journey is crucial. When parents/caregivers get involved in their children's education, children are more likely to do better in school, be better behaved, and have more positive attitudes toward school. Our Family & Community Engagement Department is creating a Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) where parents/caregivers can assist in ensuring that as a district we are providing our GPISD families the best possible supports and create a collaborative effort for student academic success.
The advisory committee consists of parent representatives from various GPISD campuses and district staff that meet quarterly during the school year.
What are the objectives of the Parent Advisory Committee (PAC)?
- Strengthen the relationship between home, school, and the district.
- Foster parent and family engagement allowing parents and GPISD to work together to support the education of the students.
- Provide input for training opportunities that help parents assist with learning at home.
- Provide ideas for regular communication to keep parents informed and working as full partners in their child’s learning.
- Gather input from a parent’s perspective on school/district wide programs and policies.
Why Should You Participate In the GPISD Parent Advisory Committee (PAC)?
- to voice and share your great ideas!
- to provide input/advice on a variety of school issues (family engagement, school climate/safety, social-emotional learning, Title I, special education, ELL, attendance, extracurricular activities, etc.).
- to meet and work with other parents and staff within the district
- to provide a communication link between the district and families
- to show our students/children that we’re vested in them, because we’re all in this together
When And Where Are PAC Meetings?
Quarterly meetings (Wednesdays) from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the GPISD Ed Center Board Room B.
To learn more on how to be part of this committee, please reach out to our Family & Community Engagement Director, Maria Herrera at email@example.com.