Hour of Code Week
HOUR OF CODE
What is Hour of Code? "The Hour of Code is a global movement by Computer Science Education Week and Code.org reaching tens of millions of students in 180+ countries through a one-hour introduction to computer science and computer programming."
Ideas (choose one of the following or any combination)
- For those with limited devices or looking for a more physical way to code, please take a look at this video. This is called Unplugged Hour of Code. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAVyiiBlfBQ No devices needed.
- Santa Tracker Coding Online https://santatracker.google.com/village.html Can be used in the computer lab or on an iPad.
- Santa Tracker Coding Online https://santatracker.google.com/codelab.html Can be used in the computer lab or on an iPad.
- Grinch Coding Online http://www.grinchhourofcode.com/game.html Can be used in the computer lab or on an iPad.
- Disney Hour of Code Website https://partners.disney.com/hour-of-code/wayfinding-with-code
- Kodable Website - Choose to Play Without Saving, choose School, then choose a grade level. https://game.kodable.com/play?hc=1&type=school&user=gz6j6h4&showSpace=hoc
- Video (2 mins) - Click the link then scroll down to Coding with Steph Curry. https://code.org/starwars
- Video (1 min) What is coding? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMZFUnAgOqs
- iPad app in Self Service - Install and begin coding. Tynker
- iPad app in Self Service - Install and begin coding. Swift Playgrounds (Learn to Code 1) Most 3-5 grade classes have had their first lesson with this app and can continue coding their way through the lessons.
- iPad app in Self Service - Install and begin coding. Scratch Jr.
- iPad app in Self Service - Install and begin coding. Daisy the Dinosaur (Great for younger students.) Quick review video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGJygypkzYY